Veteran Peddlers License
A Veteran Peddlers License is issued by the County Clerk’s office in the county where the Veteran currently resides. The license allows the holder to hawk or sell goods or merchandise within the State of New Jersey without the need to apply for any additional peddler’s license. The requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must bring in his or her Military Separation Papers (DD-214).
- A copy of the discharge papers will be sent to Trenton for verification of service.
- After Military service is verified (usually within 3-4 weeks), the applicant will receive a call from the County Clerk’s office to come in to pick up the license.
- Two (2) duplicate 2” x 2” photos of the veteran are needed. You may bring your own photos, if you have them, or have them taken – free of charge – at the County Clerk’s office.
- There is no charge for this service.